Guide to root Oppo R1 with framaroot app by alephzain with a few easy steps! Rooting is essential for installing third-party root apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks on your Oppo R1.
Please note, that in gaining root access, you will in turn forgo your warranty, but then, you already knew that. And we will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the process.
Step by Step Guide to Root Oppo R1
- Download Framaroot 1.9.0. After you have successfully downloaded the APK to your Oppo R1, install it just like any other app. You might need to enable “Unknown sources” (Settings> Security > Unknown sources) if the app won’t install.
- Open the installed Framaroot application on your phone.
- Choose Install SuperSU
- You will now see few options available (exploits) on the screen just click “Barahir“.
- Wait until the ROOT process finishes and come up a notice on the screen. If you get a message that says “Success … Superuser and su binary installed”.
- Now, reboot your phone and the rooting process is complete.
Congratulation, your Oppo R1 is now rooted successfully on official Android 4.2.2 JB firmware. Now you got the power to install any app that requires root permission. You can also download Root Checker from Google Play store to confirm the root status of the device.