So you have just picked up the LG Optimus G3 and want to root it without much fuss? In this article we will show you the most simplest way to root LG Optimus G3. The credit for developing this easiest rooting program for G3 goes to geohot at XDA forums.
The LG G3 features a 5.5″ True HD-IPS+ LCD display with a QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution. This results in the eye-watering (in a good sense) pixel density of 534 pixels per inch. Inside the phone, there’s a Snapdragon 801 (MSM8975AC) chipset with a 2.5GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor and Adreno 330 GPU. The version of the G3 with 16GB of internal memory sports 2GB of RAM, while the 32GB model has 3GB of RAM. Both versions will pack microSD card slots supporting up to 128GB cards.
When you root your phone you can remove any apps that were pre-installed on your device. While you couldn’t have done this normally, now you can remove all of those bloated apps that did nothing take up space and slow down your device. Memory is always precious, so the less taken up by useless software the better.
Rooting will void your phone Warranty. We are not responsible if anything happens to your phone.
Only Works On Android Kitkat 4.4 and Lollipop 5.1.
Method 1: Root LG Optimus G3 Using Towelroot
- Enable “unknown sources” option. Go to Settings => security => enable unknown sources.
- Download and Install it towelroot.apk
- Now launch Towelroot app
- Tap on “Make it Rain” option
- Wait till it reboots your phone.
- You’re not fully rooted at the moment, you must download and install SuperSU apk first. Update the SU Binary if prompted:
Method 2: Root LG Optimus G3 Using Kingo root
- You can visit APK Root for Android on your mobile and download the file on your LG Magna.
- KingRoot app bypasses Android security and install itself as System App in the Smartphone. Phone detects security intrusion and blocks KingRoot installation. Tap on “More details” to see more options and tap on “Install anyway (unsafe)“.
- Launch “Kingo ROOT” app and Click “One Click Root” to start the rooting process.
- Waiting for a few seconds till the result screen appear. If rooting is successful, you’ll get a Root Succeeded! message.
That’s it, By now you should have successfully got Root Access on your Optimus G3. Last thing you need to do is open Google Play Store on your smartphone and you can check and verify root access by installing the Root Checker App.