If you’re looking to truly clean up your curvy LG Lucid2 VS870, you might want to consider rooting it. Rooting, or the process of gaining administrative rights on your device, can allow you to truly remove some bloatware from the device — instead of just disabling it. It’ll free up memory — both of the RAM and storage variety — and that’s just the beginning. If a custom recovery exists for your device, you can even flash newer versions of Android, remove app entirely, and more.
LG Lucid2 VS870 is running on Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. The phone has 1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage of internal storage which is expandable using microSD, up to 64 GB.
The LG Lucid2 VS870 has a 4.3 inches qHD, 540 x 960 pixels IPS display with a pixel density of 256 ppi. Coming to cameras, it has a 5 MP rear camera. It has a microUSB port for data syncing and charging. There is a accelerometer sensor present on the LG Lucid2 VS870. It is a single SIM smartphone with support for 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS too.
Regardless of where you intend to end up in the rooting world, gaining root access and getting that Superuser icon in your app drawer is the first step. Let’s get started, shall we?
Before You Start: As you probably already know, doing this will void your warranty.
How To Root LG Lucid2 VS870 Using Framaroot
- Download The Framaroot app and install it on your LG Lucid2 VS870.
- Open the installed Framaroot application on your phone.
- Choose Install SuperSU.
- There you will find a button probably named as Gandalf, so tap it once & wait for few moments.
- And you see a success message in your device’s screen.
- Reboot the device
- Bam, you’re rooted. Verify root with a ‘Root Checker’ app from Play, or run any app you know requires root and you should see a root permissions request
Enjoy your rooted LG Lucid2 VS870. Now you can go ahead and install root-only applications, enjoy advanced management permissions, and so on.
Just like always, if you hit a snag and need a helping hand, feel free to talk to us in the comments below. We love to help.