As promised, here is the guide for you to root LG US990 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. This root guide will help you getting the system access of your latest flagship. While the root solution is only available for LG G3 US990 (US Cellular), we will soon hopefully see it for other variants too.
Rooting your android devices (phones) is defined as the jail-breaking of the operating system so that you can able to access the system entirely and can customize the phone as per you.
With a rooted Android device, you can configure and optimize your device for a customized feel and for better performance. Android can be tweaked to a significant extent, which is why it is so popular in the first place. Depending on what you want with your device, you can make several changes.
Here are the steps to root LG G3 US990 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
You can easily root LG G3 US990 (US Cellular) on Android 4.4.2 kitkat using the tutorial below. You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer.
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your computer. Skip the step if you have already installed the drivers.
- Enable Usb debugging on your phone. (Go to Settings > General > About phone > Software information, tap Build number seven times and then go to Settings > Developer options and turn on Usb debugging)
- Download LG_Root_Script_by_avicohh.exe and extract to some folder.
- Connect your device to PC using an USB cable.
- Double click on the LG Root Script.bat file to run the script.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
After rooting your LG G3, still you need an application to check whether the phone has been rooted successfully or not. There are now a number of such applications available in the Google Android Play Store that will help you to know whether your phone has got rooted or not. One of the most famous applications that you can download and install on your android device is the ‘Root Checker’.