Rooting offers users the opportunity to further craft and tweak their Android experience just to their liking, and even brand new handsets, like the Lenovo S960, can be improved with a little rooting.
The Lenovo Vibe X is powered by a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex A7 CPU processor with 2 GB RAM. The device also has 16/32 GB internal storage and a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen (1080 x 1920 , 441 ppi) display. It has a 13MP rear camera and supports Wifi, GPS and 3G. It packs in a Non-removable Li-Po 2000 mAh battery at 6.9mm device thickness and weight 121g, running on Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean).
After rooting your device you can start either overclocking it, or underclocking it. When overclocking your phone you’ll squeeze more power and performance out of it than ever before. On the other hand, if you underclock it, your phone will run a little slower but your battery life will be greatly increased.
Being able to either underclock (slow down the processor) or overclock (speed up the processor speed) your device is a great benefit to rooting your phone. It lets you better decide how you want your phone to run, and when you want it to be at its best.
However, Rooting Android devices voids the warranty and the procedure given below might prove a bit risky. Proceed at your own responsibility. We’re not the developers of any of the apps/tools used.
If you’re looking to root your S960, the guide below walks you through the installation process, which is as simple as they come.
Root Lenovo S960 Using Kingo Root
- First download KingoRoot on your Android mobile phone from below.
- KingRoot app bypasses Android security and install itself as System App in the Smartphone. Phone detects security intrusion and blocks KingRoot installation. Tap on “More details” to see more options and tap on “Install anyway (unsafe)“.
- Kingo Root will be installed on your S960 smartphone. Tap on Open to open Kingo Root app.
- Press “One Click Root” on the main interface. Wait a few seconds until the result appear.
- Wait for the result, succeeded or failed. Try a few more times for different rooting methods if failed. That’s it, You are done .
How To Root Lenovo S960 Using Kingroot
- Install Kingroot App . (To install the APK you will need to acceppt unkown sources for APKs.. This can be done through..”Unknown Sources“ under Menu -> Settings -> Applications).
- Press the green root button
- It will take some time to root the phone.
- Finish and Reboot your phone!.
- You have now succesfully Rooted your Lenovo S960. Check out for an application in your application drawer with the name as KingUser. This is the proof of a rooted device.
Have any concerns about rooting that weren’t mentioned here? Leave them in the comments below, and if you’re looking for detailed instructions on rooting your phone, we have plenty for you!