Good news…..The DOOGEE Hotwind DG200 can be successfully rooted, thanks to alephzain from XDA forums. Here is a short guide to how to safely root Hotwind DG200. Oh and yes I have successfully rooted my own device to confirm the method.
Rooting any Android device will void its manufacturer warranty. In cases of some of them, unrooting restores the warranty.
Well, here’s a step by step method to root the phone
- Download The Framaroot app and Install the Framaroot tool .apk file you have downloaded earlier on your Hotwind DG200. Enable the installation option from unknown sources if asked.
- Open the installed Framaroot application on your tablet.
- Choose Install SuperSU.
- There you will find a button probably named as Boromir, so tap it once & wait for few moments.
- And you will see the following text: “Success, Superuser and SU binary installed.”
- Reboot the device
- You should now see the super-user icon in your device’s app drawer. Your DOOGEE Hotwind DG200 device is now rooted.