This guide should be used by Amazon Fire Phone users that have updated their phones to Fire OS 4.6.6 Kitkat firmware. If you have already installed Fire OS 4.6.6 on your Amazon Fire Phone and now wish to gain root access, check out the following root method.
Rooting a device allows users to get complete access to the device’s operating system to make changes to the file systems. In order to root the Fire Phone SD4930UR running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat, users are required to install the KingRoot file in the smartphone.
Please note that the KINGROOT will void the phone’s warranty and you will be able to restore it back by installing its stock firmware.
How to root Fire Phone SD4930UR on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat using KingRoot
- Download KingRoot.apk 4.8.2
- Browse the app using a file manager.
- Install the app normally by just tap on the app.
- After the installation completed, run the King Root application normally.
- Once run the tool, it will take a few seconds to identify your device. At this time enable the wifi or data connection to connect the app to the development server.
- To start the rooting process tap on the app’s main screen “Start to root” button.
- Next, you can see the progress bar with the completed percentage.
- After KingRoot finishes what it’s doing on your FirePhone you’ll have root!
Now that you’re rooted, go ahead and check out all the root-only apps available and compatible with your device, and let us know if you have issues in the comments below.