If you don’t think your Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your Galaxy S7 Active to its factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung S7 Active.
The Galaxy S7 Active flaunts a large 5.1-inch Super Amoled display with a pixel density of 576 PPI that results in a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. For photography, the smartphone features a dual (12MP) rear camera setup with PDAF and a 5MP front-facing camera for selfie lovers.
The smartphone is powered by Dual cluster Kryo 2×2.2GHz + 2×1.6GHz processors embedded on the Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 2.2GHz chipset. The processor is paired with 4GB of RAM to ensure that the phone runs smoothly with multiple applications open simultaneously. All the graphical requirements are fulfilled by an Adreno 530 624MHz chipset. The smartphone runs on the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. The Galaxy S7 Active is backed by a massive 4000 mAh Li-ion battery which keeps the entertainment going for long hours.
Sometimes things go wrong with your device, and the Galaxy S7 Active is no exception. One of the ways to fix many problems is to perform a Factory data reset. And this might be the easiest way to solve the problem on your smartphone. Sometimes your problem could be as simple as a software glitch.
Hard reset Samsung S7 Active via Recovery
- Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Samsung logo.
- Then you will see the Android system recovery menu.
- Scroll to wipe data / factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Yes by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S7 Active
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you can try hard resetting the Samsung S7 Active. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S7 Active from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S7 Active from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung S7 Active via Settings
If you experience delays in app launch and performance, data, junk file, cache, and installed applications. The easiest solution is factory reset.
- Open the ‘Settingsʼ app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After the reset, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the “Settings” icon.
- Press ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Press ‘Resetʼ.
- Press “Factory data reset”.
- Touch ‘RESETʼ.
- Tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy S7 Active and prepare it for use.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is a mid-end smartphone featuring a great display and powerful configuration. It looks stunning with almost non-existent bezels on both the sides. In short, if you are looking for a nice camera phone with quality performance around this budget, then this phone is worth buying.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your device thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.