If you’re having a lot of problems with your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, performing a factory reset may be the solution. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy S6 Edge.
The Galaxy S6 Edge is powered by an Octa-Core processor setup 4×2.1 GHz ARM Cortex A57 +4×1.5 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated on Exynos 7 Octa 7420 along with a 3GB RAM. The graphics are powered by ARM Mali-T760MP8. It runs on the latest version of Android operating system Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Samsung S6 Edge has a stunning Super Amoled bezel-less display with a notch over the 5.1 Inch screen. The smartphone has got an amazing resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with a density of 576 PPI. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is provided with 2600 mAh Li-ion battery, which gives a decent battery backup to the users to perform all the tasks.
If you’re having trouble due to some bugs or of your brand new Samsung S6 Edge is taking a performance hit for no apparent reason, then you might want to reset the device. There are 2 general methods you can use to reset, namely Factory and Hard reset.
Hard reset Samsung S6 Edge
- Shut down your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
- Installing system update will show for about 30 – 60 seconds, then No command before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe data / factory reset.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight YES and press the Power key to select.
- When the Factory Reset is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Factory reset Samsung S6 Edge from Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose “Apps”.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Go to the Backup & reset.
- Choose ˊRESET DEVICEˋ.
- Then hit the Erase everything button.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Samsung S6 Edge will automatically reset and reboot.
- Swipe up or down to view the “Apps”.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch ‘General managementʼ.
- Touch ˊResetˋ.
- Touch “Factory data reset”.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ‘RESETʼ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch “NEXT”.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- After the reset, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will reboot to the initial setup screen.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S6 Edge
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The final word
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is an affordable handset that comes with a lot of features. The device offers good performance and supports high-end games and extensive multitasking. It has a powerful battery that suffices the need of the users. As for the camera, it will be a good option.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to bypass google account on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.