There are a variety of reasons why you may need to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your phone or fixing some other problem. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy Note Edge.
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge comes with a 5.6inch Super Amoled display having a screen resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels and a density of 539 ppi that will let users watch their favourite movies with great pleasure.
The performance is based on Quad-Core processor having 2.7 GHz clock speeds. Those are seated upon the Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 chipset and there is an Adreno 420 GPU which provides great graphics and a 3GB RAM that will handle the multitasking and gaming.
Sometimes things go wrong with your device, and the Samsung Note Edge is no exception. One of the ways to fix many problems is to perform a Factory data reset. And this might be the easiest way to solve the problem on your smartphone. Because sometimes it’s just a problem with the software.
Hard reset Samsung Note Edge via Recovery
- Ensure that the Galaxy Note Edge is powered off.
- Press and hold the Home,Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time on your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.
- Release the Power button when the Phone vibrates. Continue to hold the Volume + Home buttons until the Android logo appears.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and the Power key to select.
- From recovery, after selecting wipe data factory reset on the hard reset process, choose wipe cache partition.
- Select reboot system now.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung Note Edge
If you forgot your Samsung Note Edge lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on PC.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Note Edge from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung Note Edge via Settings
Are you sending your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge in for repair or giving it to a friend or family member? If you need to wipe your phone’s data for any reason, you can perform a reset from settings menu. To factory reset using settings, follow below steps.
- Tap ‘Appsʼ on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap “Settings”.
- In the Settings screen, tap “Back Up and Reset”.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ‘Reset Deviceʼ.
- Tap ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
- Swipe up or down to view the ‘Appsʼ.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch ˊResetˋ.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch “RESET”.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ˊNEXTˋ.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ.
- The Galaxy Note Edge will automatically reset and reboot.
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is an excellent device that comes with a bundle of features. The camera and the display are also good. With the decent processing, it can be grabbed by a number of users in the provided low budget. The configuration is capable of handling a number of functions. Overall, it is a great device in the budget.
These are several of the most common Samsung Galaxy Note Edge problems and troubleshooting tips we have come across. Have you encountered any other problems with this phone? Save even more money by getting free advice. See you in the next article about how to root Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.