A factory reset can help resolve issues with your Galaxy M30 if it’s crashing or freezing, running slowly or suffering from problems you can’t identify. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung Galaxy M30.
The Galaxy M30 features a 6.4 Inch Super Amoled with 1080 x 2340 pixels screen resolution and a density of 403 PPI, which provides an enticing visual.
The phone is based on an Exynos 7 Octa 7904 chipset and powered Octa-Core processors with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. The processor is accompanied by a massive 4GB RAM which helps in multitasking. To handle the graphics, there is an ARM Mali-G71MP2 GPU. The handset runs Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.
If you want to sell your Samsung M30 or get laggy, full storage, infected with viruses, stuck with logos, you should consider doing a factory reset. There are three ways you can do it on the Samsung M30, which we’ll take a closer look at in this post.
Hard reset Samsung M30 via Recovery
- Turn off your Samsung M30 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung M30
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy M30 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Galaxy M30 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung M30 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung M30 via Settings
- Open the ˊSettingsˋ app.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on “Delete All”.
- The Galaxy M30 will reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Touch the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Touch ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Touch ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch “Factory data reset”.
- Touch ˊRESETˋ.
- Tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung M30 and prepare it for use.
Samsung Galaxy M30 is an affordable handset that comes with a lot of features. The device offers good performance and supports high-end games and extensive multitasking. The primary camera is also up to the mark. However, a better capacity of storage would have made it a perfect option.
By the way, what method are you using? Do let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to root Samsung Galaxy M30.