OnePlus 3 came preloaded with the OxygenOS and it was one of its important features. As ViperOS give lots of customization option to your phone and it lets your phone taste the latest and greatest of Android without depending on the OEM.
Another ROM based on the LineageOS but having its own custom mods is the ViperOS. You might not have heard of its name, considering its a rather new project, having surfaced around the launch of Android Nougat 7.1 only. Despite being a relatively new project, the ROM has quickly evolved into becoming a very stable and reliable ROM and gives plenty of other competitors a run for their money.
I have been running Viper OS ROM on my OnePlus 3 from a long time. It really increased the battery life of my phone plus it gave me tons of customization options.
In this tutorial, I am gonna be showing you how to install the Stable build of ViperOS 3.1.1 on your phone.
Installing a custom ROM on a the OnePlus 3 may require the bootloader to be unlocked on OnePlus 3 and a Custom Recovery on OnePlus 3, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat Viper OS on OnePlus 3
- Download Android 7.1.2 Viper OS custom ROM for OnePlus 3 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Motorola OnePlus 3.
- Now reboot into TWRP. Turn OFF your phone. Now press and hold Power Button + Volume Down Button, release the Power Button when you get OnePlus Logo to enter the Recovery Mode.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the Viper-oneplus3-20171023-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm64-7.1-pico-20180810.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
I hope this tutorial helped you, for any question and quires feel free to comment down below and will help you ASAP.