Just like CM12, SlimROM is also one of the popular custom ROMs and being a Xperia M2 LTE owner you’ll be happy to know that SLimROM is now available to the Xperia M2 LTE which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, develped by pawcioo132.
This SlimROM based on the AOSP, which brings the closest stock Lollipop experience just as in Google Nexus devices. Those who wish to experience the latest Lollipop features on their Sony Xperia M2 LTE (D2303)/Sony Xperia M2 LTE Aqua (D2403) can go ahead and install the Android 5.1 based SlimROM on their device, using the step-by-step guide posted below.
- This Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OmniROM has to be installed on Xperia M2 LTE (D2303)/Sony Xperia M2 LTE Aqua (D2403) only.
- The Xperia M2 should be rooted having the latest version of custom TWRP installed on it.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing bigPart TWRP in the smartphone.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it will void your warranty.
How To Install SlimROM for the Xperia M2 LTE (D2303)/Sony Xperia M2 LTE Aqua (D2403)
- Download and transfer the SlimROM for the Sony Xperia M2 to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
You did it! Now you have SlimROM on your Xperia M2 LTE. If you face any issues then let us know in comments below. Don’t forget to share your experiences.