Sony Xperia Z is quite a popular device of 2013 and also it was the most sold mobile of 2013 because of its great specifications and hardware and also it was a budget smartphone. And Sony is still updating its Xperia series to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but the inquisitive ones can get the new software right away.
Recently, senior XDA member, Chippa_a, shared an official build of Resurrection Remix OS v.6.1.0 for the first Xperia Z bearing model yuga. The Resurrection Remix custom firmware upgrades the Xperia Z to Android Oreo 8.0 from the older Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Resurrection ROM has been around for a while now and has made a name for itself over the years. The ROM is usually stable and performs well on a number of different devices. The Resurrection ROM for the Sony Xperia Z is the same deal.
It is a stable build based on Android 8.1 Oreo and works well on the device. It is based in Lineage and thus comes with a lot of tweaks regarding the battery life and performance of the device. A lot of features and mods are taken from a number of different ROMs to make this a reality. It provides exceptional performance without taking a toll on the battery timings.
How To Install Resurrection Remix Android Oreo ROM On Sony Xperia Z
- Download Android 8.1 Resurrection Remix custom ROM Xperia Z and Google Apps 8.1 Nougat for Xperia Z.
- Power off the phone and Wait a few seconds and then Press “Volume Down key +Power Key” for 5 Sec then release at the same time for about 3, or 4 seconds.Release the buttons.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the RR-O-v6.1.0-20180715-yuga-Official.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- Once both the Gapps and Resurrection Remix OS ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
If you have any questions about the installation process, the nature of the ROMs listed here, or any other suggestion, let us know in the comments. We always love and appreciate your input.