Getting your Lenovo P770 rooted will help you get access to the core of your device and installing a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP will further help you to get access to advanced features on your device.
Please do not try this on any other device, as it might result in bricking. Proceed at your own risk
Here is a quick tutorial to flash a custom recovery TWRP or CWM on your Lenovo P770.
- Download TWRP Recovery For Lenovo P770 or CWM Recovery and put it to the root of your SD Card
- Install MobileUncle MTK Tools from play store.
- Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
- Backup your IMEI. Just click IMEI BACKUP RESTORE (MTK) (if you need to restore just repeat the process and click the restore button and it will fix Invalid IMEI issues)
- Select “Recovery Update” from the menu.
- The tool will search your SDcard automatically and find you “recovery.img” file. Select the recovery under “Recovery file in SDCard”.Click “OK”
- It will ask you if you want to reboot into recovery. Click Ok to confirm that your phone boots in TWRP/CWM recovery.