Getting your Lenovo P770 rooted will help you get access to the core of your device and installing a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP will further help you to get access to advanced features on your device.
TWRP custom recovery forms the foundation of any further modifications on an Android smartphone. Now that Lenovo P770 has a working TWRP build, utilities like Magisk root package can easily be installed. Right before we jump towards the actual installation, we recommend you first create a backup of your phone. Once that is complete, read the steps ahead on how to install TWRP custom recovery on Lenovo P770.
Here is a quick tutorial to flash a custom recovery TWRP or CWM on your Lenovo P770.
- Download TWRP Recovery For Lenovo P770 or CWM Recovery and put it to the root of your SD Card
- Install MobileUncle MTK Tools from play store.
- Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
- Backup your IMEI. Just click IMEI BACKUP RESTORE (MTK) (if you need to restore just repeat the process and click the restore button and it will fix Invalid IMEI issues)
- Select “Recovery Update” from the menu.
- The tool will search your SDcard automatically and find you “recovery.img” file. Select the recovery under “Recovery file in SDCard”.Click “OK”
- It will ask you if you want to reboot into recovery. Click Ok to confirm that your phone boots in TWRP/CWM recovery.
Users can now further extend performance of their P770 smartphone by installing TWRP custom recovery and then using it further to gain root, installing custom ROMs and more.