ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery tool is one of the most popular custom recovery tools in the Android world. It offers the same functionalities as the stock Android recovery with a few addition features, such as the ability to make full system backups, as well as flash custom ROMs.
How to Install CWM on Lenovo S920 with Mobile Uncle Tool
- Your Lenovo S920 must already be rooted. If you’ve not rooted your device yet, follow our guide to root Lenovo S920 first
- Download CWM For Lenovo S920 and extract it to the root of your SD Card
- Install Mobile Uncle App from Google Play Store
- Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
- Select “Recovery Update” from the menu.
- The tool will search your SDcard automatically and find you “recovery.img” file. Select the recovery under “Recovery file in SDCard”.Click “OK”
- It will ask you if you want to reboot into recovery. Click Ok to confirm that your phone boots in CWM recovery.
If installing Recovery.img doesn’t work on First Time, no problem, after reboot install it again through same procedure.
Fix Permanent CWM
-Install Root Xplorer and Run it
-Mount to r/w
-Open Folder system/
-Delete file recovery-from-boot.p
-Reinstall your CWM
Great! ClockworkMod Recovery’s been successfully installed on your Lenovo S920. You should now be able to flash custom ROMs or maybe some mods, if there’re any.