For the lover’s of Touchwiz launcher, an XDA member dgrules, was able to port the launcher from Samsung Galaxy Note 3. You can download the zip packages (CWM/TWRP flashable) depending on your device and install them. I have tested the port on LG Optimus 4X HD and HTC Desire HD and it runs like a charm on both devices.
It can be difficult to port apps from a device from one OEM to a device from a completely different one. This is mainly due to the fact that so many OEM ROM features are reliant on the framework that the company has built into its software.
The installation process basically involves replacing the stock launcher APKs with new ones hence requiring root. If there is a non-root port made, we will update that here as well. Follow the ahead mentioned steps to install Galaxy Note 3 Launcher.
-The phone must be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery is installed.
-Ensure you have backed up your important data.
How To Install
- Download Note III launcher dgrules.zip and copy the ZIPs to your device.
- Boot your phone into CWM/TWRP recovery mode.
- Do not forget to backup your current ROM using backup option in recovery.
- Install the “Note III launcher dgrules.zip” file.
- Return back to main menu in CWM/TWRP recovery and reboot the phone.
- When the device boots up, select Touchwiz launcher as default.