This guide is only for Android smartphones who has problems with IMEI number on MTK chipsets….
“I am not responsible for any damage caused to your phone by using this”
Method 1 – Using Engineer Mode (You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure)
- Open the Dialer and type *#*#3646633#*#* you will enter the MTK Engineering Mode or using Mobile Uncle APP Hit the Engineer Mode option and choose the Engineer Mode (MTK).
- On EngineerMode Chosee Connectivity and click the CDS information option.
- You will see Radio information there and after tapping on it. If you have dual SIM ANDROID then you will see TWO option select any one on which you want to write IMEI with.
- Click Phone 1
- At “AT+” line add : AT+EGMR = 1,7,”my_first_IMEI_code”
- Click on “SEND AT” button below
- For second SIM tap Phone 2 and type this command AT+EGMR=1,10,”my_second_IMEI_code”
- Click on “SEND AT COMMAND” button below a second time
- Reboot phone
- Verify codes with *#06#* if IMEI codes are ok
Method 2: Using Chamelephon (You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure)
- Download Chamelephon from Google Play Store
- Open Chamelephon and fill your original IMEI in these boxes, you can easily find your IMEI numbers after removing battery behind your android phone.
- After filling original IMEI numbers in these boxes, just click on “Apply new IMEIs”, after it a popup Confirmation message will appeared “Do you confirm changing the IMEIs”, click on “Change” and after it simply restart your phone, that’s it! now you’re all done your Invalid IMEI problem is solved now, enjoy!
Method 3 – Using Terminal Emulator (You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure)
- Install Terminal Emulator
- Launch the Terminal Emulator app
- Type SU then press ENTER button to get Superuser permission
- After that, type this command then press ENTER button
echo ‘AT+EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_NUMBER”‘ >/dev/pttycmd1
- If you have dual SIM add this line
echo ‘AT+EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_NUMBER”‘ >/dev/pttycmd1
- Last step, reboot your phone/tablet and DONE!
Method 3 – Using MTK Droid Tool
- Download MTK droid tools and Extract on your PC/Laptop
- Download Universal USB Driver
- Enable USB debugging on the phone then connect it to the PC (don’t enable mass storage)
- Install Universal USB Driver on the PC with the phone connected; you should get a message saying drivers installed successfully.
- Launch MTK droid tools on the PC (still with phone connected to PC)
- MTK droid tools should detect and display your phones details
- Next you need to click the ROOT button so that it will temporary have Root shell access on your phone in order for it to make the script work on the background.
- Click on IMEI/NVRAM
Put your 15 Digits IMEI Number that you can get at the back of your phone inside not the back cover if you have 2 IMEI you need to put that.
- Then click Replace IMEI
- Restart your phone if it isn’t automatically restarted
- Your IMEI issue should have been resolved