How To Create Transparent Background On Samsung Galaxy. This simple method to created transparent background on Samsung Galaxy Android 4.0.4 ICS and 4.1 Jelly Bean.
This theme file does not do much more than change your widgets to have a transparent background, which gives your home screen a cleaner appearance. This theme includes a limited amount of widgets, but will be getting more in due time.
Remember: always perform backup before replace any system file! Also, I’m no responsible for any problems that may occure on your phone.
Use Your Own Background With the Transparent
- Using Photoshop or similar create a trasparent image (% as you wish) and save it as .png. If you insert a texture or image, use your device resolution for better results. Make two copies and rename its as “background_holo_dark.png“.
- Decompile framework-res.apk.
- Browse to res/values and open styles.xml. Search code for “<style name=”Theme.Holo” parent=”@style/Theme”>“
- On it, search this line “<item name=”windowShowWallpaper”>false</item>” and replace values with “true“. Save and close.
- Browse to res/drawable-nodpi and replace existing background_holo_dark.png with your image
- Recompile framework-res.
- Replace framework-res.apk on your device (Root explorer, adb, flash through recovery). Personally I also clear cache and dalvik cache
- Enjoy your modded apks!
Remember that this only affects the background, so make sure that you choose the correct one or you may not be able to see what you are trying to read if the colors are too conflicting.