So you have rooted your Xperia Z and waiting for a TWRP Recovery so that you can flash / Install custom ROM on it?… So, today we are here to guide how to Install TWRP on Xperia Z without unlocking its bootloader.
The Xperia Z brought a Snapdragon S4 Pro and a 13.1 MP camera sensor to the Indian market at a very aggressive price point, a signature move from the company. The device has been so popular amongst consumers and developers that it already has unofficial builds of TWRP recovery, barely 2 months since launch. Since you can now install TWRP recovery, you can also root Xperia Z and here’s how.
In this post you are going to find out how to bypass official unlocking and flash custom recovery on your Xperia Z device. All this without unlocking the bootloader!
We aren’t liable for any damages you make to your device by following our guide wrongly, do at your own risk.
How to flash TWRP Custom Recovery on locked bootloader Xperia Z
- You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure.
- You must enable “Unknown sources“ on Settings – Security
- Make sure to Install BusyBox
- Download and install XZRecovery-1.0.apk on your Xperia Z
- Once installed, launch it from the Menu.
- Click Install Recovery to launch the installing process. It will take a few seconds to complete, just hold back.
- When done select reboot to recovery, to test whether the TWRP recovery installation was successful or not.
Awesome! You’re now rocking TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia Z and if you ever want to change your current ROM, simply use the recovery to do so.