For those who are proud owner of Redmi 1s, here is a good news for you. If you have got bored of using MIUI v5 on your smartphone and wish to use the latest Android KitKat, then you would be happy to know that a group of developers on XDA Forum has recently released an unofficial port of CyanogenMod 11 for Redmi 1s, which brings Android Kitkat features.
CyanogenMod has long been the most popular custom Android ROM around, and with good reason. With a speedy stock-like experience and plenty of its own tweaks and improvements.
CyanogenMod also features overclocking utilities to speed up your handset or improve battery life by capping the maximum CPU clock speeds. There are also selectable CPU governors, which can automatically adjust your device for improved performance or extra long battery life.
How to install CyanogenMod 11 Redmi 1s
- Download cm-11-20150225-UNOFFICIAL-armani.zip and place to sdcard
- Now, boot into recovery mode.
- Now, perform data wiping task. Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard (or /sdcard1 for external storage). Now, locate the CM11 r20 Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1
- When installation is completed, select reboot system now to reboot your Redmi 1s and boot up into Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM Cyanogenmod11.