If you own an Cubot GT99 and looking for an easy method to install the popular COT custom recovery on it, we have a one-stop guide for you that will describe the complete procedure step-by-step. The presence of a custom recovery along with root access will allow you to install custom ROMs, mods and kernels.
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is one of the most renowned custom recovery for Android phones and tablets. It is an open-source recovery that offers several features including touch-support. TWRP is a third-party recovery console that allows you to perform several actions on your device that aid in customizing your Cubot GT99 device, like flashing custom ROMs, kernels, or even mods like Xposed Framework, etc.
- Your Cubot GT99 must already be rooted. If you’ve not rooted your device yet, follow our guide to root Cubot GT99 first.
- Make sure the device is charged at least 50%.
Download Custom Recovery Cubot GT99
How To Install COT Recovery Cubot GT99 Using MobileUncle
- and put it to the root of your SD Card
- Install MobileUncle MTK Tools from play store.
- Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
- Select “Recovery Update” from the menu.
- The tool will search your SDcard automatically and find you “recovery-COTtouch-GT99.img” file. Select the recovery under “Recovery file in SDCard”.Click “OK”
- It will ask you if you want to reboot into recovery. Click Ok to confirm that your phone boots in COT recovery.