ZenUI interface we see in Zenfone series devices has been ported to Redmi 2. ZenUI is a front-end touch interface developed by ASUS with Asus-made apps preloaded like ZenLink (PC Link, Share Link, Party Link & Remote Link). Now, users have the opportunity to experience feature-rich Zenui on their Redmi 2.
There are many things that makes it try on our devices such as very elegant looks, customization themes, eye caching icons and included useful apps. Here we have this tutorial, we’ll guide you to install this beautiful, ZenUI Rom on Redmi 2.
CAUTION before trying this rom:
– Your Redmi 2 have to be already upgraded to MIUI Lollipop and your Recovery must to be TWRP 3.0
– Tested on HM2014811/17 (maybe another model, had more bugs)
– this rom is still in BETA Tester phase.
BEFORE INSTALL, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALREADY UPGRADED YOUR PHONE TO MIUI LOLLIPOP AND USING TWRP RECOVERY 3.0.
How To Install Zenfone ROM Lollipop On Redmi 2
- Download the ASUS Zenfone 2 ZenUI ROM Port for Redmi 2
- Now transfer the files into your device’s internal storage/Microsd. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down, up and power keys at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file ROM_ZenUI_Lollipop_Redmi2.zip and select it. Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button then swipe right to confirm.
Now, your device (Redmi 2) will take a 10 minutes to complete the booting process.