Resurrection Remix, also known as RR, found its way to the Google Pixel thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor BDogg718. If you have a Google Pixel sitt...
Resurrection Remix, also known as RR, found its way to the Google Pixel thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor BDogg718. If you have a Google Pixel sitting in a drawer, check out Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 based on Android 7.1.2 for the device!
RR is also open source, so developers can analyze the source code to aply patches, address bug, and add the latest and greatest features. This replacement mobile OS is not riddled with cumbersome bloatware, though. There are some tweaks, and you’ll find a lot of customization options on this ROM. Another great thing about this ROM is that it allows you to change themes and completely change the way the whole interface looks.
Resurrection Remix offers CM’s Privacy Guard that allows you granular control over app permissions. Before, you only had control over the things Android gave you control over. With Privacy Guard, you can install an app and lock it down as tight as you want. Resurrection Remix has full Substratum support, so the end result is dark, deep, and it’s beautiful.
Though installing custom ROM improves the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM]. Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
How To Install Official Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 Nougat On Google Pixel
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Now, your device (Google Pixel) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of RR Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM.