If you have a Nexus 5X sitting in a drawer, check out ViperOS 2.0 based on Android 7.1 for the device. XDA Member Gyuu August managed to build an stab...
If you have a Nexus 5X sitting in a drawer, check out ViperOS 2.0 based on Android 7.1 for the device. XDA Member Gyuu August managed to build an stable version of ViperOS 2.0. Everything seems to be working as it should, but you’ll want to submit logs to the ViperoS page if you find any bugs.
Enter a custom ViperOS ROM for Nexus 5X and you will be free to do whatever you want with the stylishly designed smartphone. There are a ton of features available on this ROM that include almost all of the debloating measures. The ROM comes with better optimization of the apps database. The system files are also optimized in this ROM. Other than that, the ROM is fast and responsive and works really well on the hardware. The ROM is said to be battery friendly but I have not tested that myself so cannot confirm that.
This tutorial assumes that you know how to root the Nexus 5X and flash custom ROMs on it. You will also know that flashing a custom ROM on Nexus 5X will void the warranty. Flashing stuff on your phone without doing a proper backup is just calling for trouble.
How To Install Official ViperOS V2.0 Nougat On Nexus 5X
- Download and transfer the ViperOS V2.0 for the Nexus 5X dan Google Apps Android 7.1 64-bit to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery. you can use a small application from Google’s Play Store. Here are some examples of apps capable of booting TWRP Recovery Mode straight from the Nexus 5X’s homescreen: QuickBoot, ROM Manager, TWRP Manager, Flashify, and others.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
Thanks for reading how to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ViperOS 2.0 on Nexus 5 and I hope that this tutorial has helped you.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to talk to me in the comments below. Do tell us about your personal experience with the ViperOS on Nexus 5X.