The Lineage OS is one of the most popular ROMs for Android. Flashing custom ROMs is the best way for taking your phone’s experience to the next level ...
The Lineage OS is one of the most popular ROMs for Android. Flashing custom ROMs is the best way for taking your phone’s experience to the next level and if you want performance improvements along with lots of new features on your Moto Z.
When it comes to user interfaces, Lineage OS is quite stylish, featuring a one-of-a-kind launcher called Trebuchet. The build is also highly optimized, allows you to create personal themes, and is generally pretty secure. Other examples of Lienage os multitude of features include video screenshots, frequent updates, and even the ability to flag telemarketers through Global Blacklist.
Follow these tips before installing any ROM on your Moto Z.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%.
- All your phone’s data might be deleted which is why you should create a complete backup of your phone. If you don’t know about any good backup apps, feel free to read our list of the best Android backup apps.
Before we start with the best custom ROM Lineage OS for Moto Z, you have to make sure that you know how to root your smartphone. You should also have intimate information about backing up your device as well as flashing things on it. If you’re inexperienced and not sure about installing a custom ROM on Moto Z, make sure you consult different guides before you embark on this process.
How To Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat On Moto Z
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS 14.1 for the Moto Z (griffin) to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.