Like most other Android devices, we’re firmly of the opinion that you’ve gotta root your tablet if you want to get the very best performance out of it. But, with the ZenPad 8.0, we’re going a step further: we’re stripping away ASUS’s proprietary ZenUI skin and whacking a custom version of Android on there, and then adding a few more tweaks to round things out.
Warranty may be void if you root. We at Jellydroid won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We shall not be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
How to root the Asus ZenPad 8.0 (Z380KL) Without PC.
- Download KingRoot.apk 4.8.1
- Browse the app using a file manager.
- Install the app normally by just tap on the app.
- After the installation completed, run the King Root application normally.
- Once run the tool, it will take a few seconds to identify your device. At this time enable the wifi or data connection to connect the app to the development server.
- To start the rooting process tap on the app’s main screen “Start to root” button.
- Next, you can see the progress bar with the completed percentage.
- After KingRoot finishes what it’s doing on your tablet have rooted!
You are ready to start installing the apps from the Google Play Store and other third-party sources which require root access to the root file system on your device. Many people enjoy starting by installing the root checker app to make sure the device does have root access before doing anything else to make troubleshooting that much easier.