This method compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F only. Do not attempt installing it on any incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify...
This method compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F only. Do not attempt installing it on any incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Before we begin, please note that you follow these instructions at your own risk. While tested and proven safe, any resulting damage to your device from following this procedure is on you. We cannot be held liable for a bricked/damaged device.
Step by step guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 by Xda Developer Chainfire Auto Root Tool
- Install essential USB Drivers for Galaxy S5 (SM-G900f) on the machine and Enable USB Debugging
- Download both CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip and ODIN3, and extract CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip to get .tar.md5 file.
- Put your phone in Download Mode – turn off phone, then hold Volume Down + Home + Power to boot – After a warning screen appears, press the Volume Up button to enter Download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.09.exe as an Administrator while the phone is Download mode, and connect the Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB cable. If connected successfully, You will see the COM port number in the ID: COM box, which means the connection between the device and Odin has been established successfully.
- Now, click on the PDA button, and select the CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5 file that was extracted in firts step.
- Make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are chosen in Odin.
- Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing process.
- Once the process is complete, the Galaxy S5 will restart and a PASS message with green background will appear in the left-most box at the top of Odin.
- You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect the handset from the PC.
You can try downloading Root Checker application to confirm that you are rooted or not. Feel free to comment here, in this blog.