The ThemeMachine is a theming tool, which makes it easier to port a theme. Its writen in batch and executeable on every Windows. It copies all PNG-files (this includes .9.png) from one APK into another one, preconditioned the file exists in the destination APK.
How To Use
Get a BASE and a THEME APK. Both have to be deodexed.
BASE: Its an APK that you want to theme with the contents of the THEME apk. That could be the framework-res.apk that you currently use.
THEME: Its an APK that contains the theme that you want to copy. That could be the framework-res.apk
- Navigate to the folder where you´ve extracted the archive.
- Double click on “start.cmd” to execute the batch script.
- Drag&drop the first file, the BASE apk, into the window.
- Exactly do the same with the second file, the THEME apk.
- Now the script will do its best to get a good theme out of it.
APKs share their PNGs with other APKs. Most used: framework-res.apk. To get a good copy of a theme its a must to theme it too. As theme-APK you should use a APK with the same API-level as the base-APK. Reason for this: APKs with the same API-Level most likely have the same PNG-filenames. As theme-APK you should use a APK with the same Android image size (xdpi, hdpi,…)