Alcatel OT 992D runs Android 4.0.4 with chipset MT6577 from mediatek. Since Framaroot rooting app supports chipset mediatek, rooting Alcatel OT 992D should not be a problem. Thanks to Alephzain’s rooting app that you can easily root one touch by following the simple steps mentioned below.
So here is the method follow the steps one by one in sequence:
- Download and install Framaroot apk file into your Alcatel One Touch.
- Open Framaroot app once it’s installed, and select the action to perform. Select “Install SuperSU”.
- From the list exploit, select “Boromir“
- Once the exploit is selected, the device would be rooted and you would see a message “Success… Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- After these files are installed, reboot your device.
- Once the rooting is done, the Alcatel OT 992D would boot up and you will have a rooted device in your hands.