Even though the Alcatel OT 997D is itself already a very powerful device, but without root access, there is little you can do with it – like flashing custom ROMs etc. So if you want the benefit of having root access to your device, then follow this tutorial closely on how to root the Alcatel OT 997D.
Make sure your phone’s warranty will be void after the custom rooting, but you don’t worry you can unroot it to get back your warranty
Simple Steps to Root your Alcatel OT 997D
- Download the Framaroot APK to your Alcatel OT 997D device.
- Now, install the APK that has been downloaded in Step one onto the Alcatel phone.(Please Enable “Unknown Source” Setting>Personal>Security Setting and Enable Unknown Source)
- Now, Open Framaroot select the action to perform. Select “Install SuperSU”.
- Now select the exploit. Then click “Boromir” (if it work they going to mention Success if not it will mention Failed) and if it work Please Reboot your device.
- Let the rooting process complete. When done Alcatel OT 997D should be now rooted successfully.
After you Root an Android Device, you gain access to system folders, you would be able to delete pre installed Apps on your Android phone, and there are lots of Apps out there that would require your Root your Android Smartphone before you can use them
Instructions to Unroot Alcatel OT 997D :
1. Open the app and choose Unroot
2. Then click Boromir then Please Reboot you device)
3. And your Alcatel OT 997D have been Unroot