This simple method to created transparent background on samsung galaxy ICS and JB.
Remember: always perform backup before replace any system file! Also, I’m no responsible for any problems that may occure on your phone.
- Using Photoshop or similar create a trasparent image (% as you wish) and save it as .png. If you insert a texture or image, use your device resolution for better results. Make two copies and rename its as “background_holo_dark.png“.
- Decompile framework-res.apk.
- Browse to res/values and open styles.xml. Search code for “<style name=”Theme.Holo” parent=”@style/Theme”>“
- On it, search this line “<item name=”windowShowWallpaper”>false</item>” and replace values with “true“. Save and close.
- Browse to res/drawable-nodpi and replace existing background_holo_dark.png with your image
- Recompile framework-res.
- Replace framework-res.apk on your device (Root explorer, adb, flash through recovery). Personally I also clear cache and dalvik cache
- Enjoy your modded apks!