Now you can think to upgrade your Zenfone Max to Android 7.1.2 Nougat, with an easy and simple method. PainKiller3 was the person who developed this ROM while he was a senior member of XDA. After the development, he had posted it on the forum of XDA and he became more motivated to his work when he saw a very good response from the viewers. They actually reviewed the ViperOS ROM on ASUS Zenfone Max Z010D. Many interesting features comes up with this ROM on your ASUS phone. It allows you to customize your mobile in a way you like and provides you an extra control over the phone.
The ViperOS ROM is reportedly lightweight and slick. It does not include any bloatware or unwanted background programs. So, you can go ahead and customise, optimise, or personalise your handset to suit your individual taste.
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat ViperOS ROM is compatible only with Zenfone Max Z010D. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Max by navigating to Settings =>> About device =>> Model number.
Neither the author, nor the owner of this website is responsible for any damages that might occur to your phone, or any other devices while following, or after following the guide. The user is solely responsible for all the damage.
Here is how you can get the latest Android build features on your ASUS Zenfone MAx Z010D:
How To Install Official ViperOS 14 Nougat On ASUS Zenfone MAx Z010D
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
The Zenfone Max should now be updated with Android 7.1.2 Nougat ViperOS Custom ROM.