If you want to love your Archos Gen8 a little bit more, maybe you should root it. Rooting is the process of gaining root access on a device, which will allow you to access the entire file system and alter the device as you see fit.
Rooting voids warranty and therefore if you follow this guide to root your Archos Gen8, it will put your device out of warranty.
Here’s how to root your Archos Gen8! Download and Step-by-Step tutorial here:
- Download the Framaroot APK to your Archos Gen8 device.
- Now, install the APK that has been downloaded in Step one onto the Archos tablet.(Please Enable “Unknown Source” Setting>Personal>Security Setting and Enable Unknown Source)
- Now, Open Framaroot select the action to perform. Select “Install SuperSU”.
- Now select the exploit. Then click “Gimli” (if it work they going to mention Success if not it will mention Failed) and if it work Please Reboot your device.
- Now after your device reboots, Archos Gen8 should be now rooted successfully.
So, this is the most simplest guide on How to root Archos Gen8. If you encounter any problem while rooting your device, then put your problem/queries below via comments and we will surely help you! Happy Rooting