Samsung Galaxy S6 users can now taste the latest iteration of Android on their devices following this guide. If you want to test Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS on your Samsung Galaxy S6 then you’ll be glad to know that LineageOS builds the latest custom firmware for Galaxy S6 which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Now you can get the experience of the Nougat Android OS on your own device before the official stock firmware released.
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM is a combination of the stability, performance, customization, power and comes with tonnes of new features like Multi Window support, Enhanced Doze Mode, quick Reply via Notification, New Settings Panel Redesigned and much more. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in updating your Samsung Galaxy S6 to LineageOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Make sure that you have at least 60% charge on your Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S6.
Make a complete backup of important files on your device to a secure location.
How to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineageOS on Galaxy S6
- Download Android 7.1.2 LineageOS custom ROM for Galaxy S6 and Google Apps 7.1 Nougat for Galaxy S6.
- Now reboot into TWRP. To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold Volume UP, Home and Power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Once the phone enters into TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by Select “Wipe” from the main menu of the TWRP recovery and then select “Swipe to factory reset” option on the bottom of the screen.
- Return to the main TWRP menu and choose Install. Browse and select the lineage-14.1-20180527-nightly-zerofltexx-signed.zip file which you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card in the second step. Swipe to Install/Flash in order to begin the flashing process.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20171121.zip file and select it.
- Once both the Gapps and ROM are installed, and then select “Reboot System” button.
Your Galaxy 6 will be rebooted and may take about 5 to 10 minutes to boot for the first time after installation. If you have any queries or problems related to this post then do let me know in the comments section below. I will be happy to help.