ViPER4Android Audio Effects engine developed by Forum Member viper520 and maintained by Recognized Contributor zhuhang. this is the BEST audio mod that you can put on your phone and/or tablet.
Download the ‘ViPER4Android’ , run it and follow the on screen instructions and once the phone has restarted you should notice an improvement in the sound quality.
- Download ViPER4Android_FX_2211-1_Android4.0~4.3_en.zip (for ICS and JB) and extract it.
- Copy and install the ViPER4Android_FX.apk file to your Android device.
- When the app is installed, open it and allow root permission when prompted.
- When you are asked to install Audio Drivers, allow it and select the driver according your phone’s CPU type (see below).
Marvell ZTE U880 or similar processors(PXA920) — Without VFP (PXA920) (Convolver and VHS+ disabled)
All Tegra2/ARM — With VFP
All Single-core with freq equal or less than 800MHz — With VFP
All Qualcomm/Snapdragon with freq higher than 800MHz, regardless of cores — CortexA8 with NEON
All other Single-core with freq higher than 800MHz — CortexA8 with NEON
All other Dual-core, Quad-core,Octa-core with freq higher than 800MHz — CortexA9/15 with NEON
If Qualcomm QSD8250 has issue with CortexA8 with NEON, try With VFP
All CPU with freq equal or less than 800MHz — Recommended do not use
ZTE U880 or same CPU(PXA920) — Without VFP (PXA920)
Tegra2/ARM — With VFP
ALL others — CortexAx with NEON
- When the drivers are installed, reboot the device.
- Now go to your phone’s Settings> Sound> Effects and select
- Extract the IRS Starter Pack zip file. You will find some sub-folders inside it.
- Connect your device to computer and look for a folder named ViPER4Android/Kernel on your phone’s SD. If you do not fond this folder/path on the device, creare yourself.
- When you get into the Kernel folder, copy/paste all files with .irs extension inside this folder.
- Now open the ViPER4Android FX app and enable your preferred options.