Sony Xperia M2 has been very supportive of the developer community, and this week we can now flash Unofficial nightly builds of CM14.1 on the Sony Xpe...
Sony Xperia M2 has been very supportive of the developer community, and this week we can now flash Unofficial nightly builds of CM14.1 on the Sony Xperia M2. Users can now enjoy the latest Android 7.1 update on their smartphone, thanks to galaxyfreak, XDA Senior member for releasing the CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM.
Forthcoming updates are expected to fix these shortcomings with the CyanogenMod ROM. Installing custom ROMs could lead to bricking and/or voiding the hardware warranty of your device. Jellydroid will not be held liable for any damage caused to the device during or after the installation of custom ROMs. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How To Install CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for the Xperia M2
- Download and transfer the CyanogenMod 14.1 Nightlies for the Sony Xperia M2 to the internal storage.
- Boot your into TWRP recovery.
- As you’re in the TWRP recovery, make a complete nandroid backup of your device. You can follow our definitive guide for nandroid backup from here.
- Now, make a complete wipe of the device as we want a fresh installation. To make a clean wipe, just do a complete factory reset and also wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Flash the ROM now. Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the ROM zip from the file manager.
- Reboot your device once the files is flashed.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your Sony Xperia M2 is now running the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat update via CM14 custom ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.