Sony Xperia ZR owners can now root their phones on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware easily with this detailed and simple guide. This is the lates...
Sony Xperia ZR owners can now root their phones on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware easily with this detailed and simple guide. This is the latest method available to root the Sony Xperia ZR running Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop). For rooting, we will use the popular Kingroot solution which fortunately works on this phone.
Before trying out the root method tutorial, even though no data will be lost, we still recommend making a backup of all your data. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues.
Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Guide on how to root the Sony Xperia ZR on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Download KingRoot 4.9.6
- Browse the app using a file manager.
- Install the app normally by just tap on the app.
- After the installation completed, run the King Root application normally.
- Once run the tool, it will take a few seconds to identify your device. At this time enable the wifi or data connection to connect the app to the development server.
- To start the rooting process tap on the app’s main screen “Start to root” button.
- Next, you can see the progress bar with the completed percentage.
- Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Xperia ZR.
If your device is not compatible with the rooting software, you will instead be prompted to try the desktop version of KingRoot, which might work better for you. There is, however, no English user interface on the desktop version at this time.
Now that you are done rooting you install and uninstall whatever apps you please. For that matter, you can have an entirely different build of operating system if you download a custom ROM. You are no longer at the mercy of your carrier for OS updates. You can even download apps to play around with the hardware.